Baby It’s Cold Outside Chili Recipe
By Jacque Zimmerman
With this stretch of wicked cold weather we’ve been having, I thought that we should share “Chef Jeff’s” (co-owner of Specialized PT) chili recipe. A long time friend of ours just mentioned to me a couple weeks ago that we gave her this recipe back in the early 1990’s and they are still enjoying it today! So here it is:
JEFF’S AWESOME CHILI (that’s the title in his own handwriting :-)
- 2 cans chili beans
- 1 can Campbell’s tomato soup
- (does it have to be Campbell’s? He says, yes, if you want it to taste right)
- 1 small (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 small (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 pound ground beef, browned.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs chili powder (2-4 Tblsp, to taste)
- 1 Tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ Tbs sugar
- (Couple tablespoons olive oil or butter for sautéing)
- (We like to serve with saltines & shredded cheese too)
Brown beef. Sauté both type of peppers and onion, adding garlic toward the end. Mix all ingredients in a medium crockpot (or pan on stove). Cook on low in crockpot for 4 hours or simmer 30 minutes on the stove.
Stay Warm and Enjoy Some Chili Today!