Specialized Physical Therapy is now offering telehealth! These virtual visits allow you to get the care you need without having to come into the clinic.
Scheduling a Virtual Visit
- Call any of our three locations and request a telehealth appointment. Our front desk will help answer any questions you may have.
- Once your appointment is on the books, you'll receive an email with instructions and a link about how to create and set up your telehealth account. Please have your account set up at least 30 minutes prior to your appointment time to troubleshoot any problems that may or may not occur.
- If there is any intake information that needs to be collected via fax or email, the front desk will call you 30 minutes prior to your appointment (i.e. Initial evaluation).
- Prior to your scheduled visit, make sure you are in an area where you have plenty of room to move around and perform exercies.
- When your appointment time comes and your therapist is ready, you will receive an email with a link to join the video call. Click the link and sign into your Medbridge account.
- Enjoy your virtual visit with your therapist!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is telehealth?
A: Using video chat technologies to guide, advise, educate, monitor, and direct you in your healthcare needs as we would in the clinic, but from the safety of your home.
Q: What is a telehealth visit?
A: A telehealth visit will give you (the patient) the ability to meet one-on-one with our therapists from the comfort of your own home through a video chat call. During a telehealth visit the therapist will be able to effectively walk you through the exercises of a normal appointment and answer any questions you may have. (You will need to use a computer or other device with a camera, positioned so that your therapist can see you and provide instructions/feedback while you do your exercises).
Q: Will my virtual care cost be covered by insurance?
A: Several major insurance carriers are now making it easier for you to obtain the physical therapy care that you need, via telehealth. To allow even easier access, some carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS), UHC, and others are waiving all patient cost-sharing - that's right, $0 deductible and $0 copay! Please check with your insurance provider for more details.
Q: What if I have Medicare? What can I do?
A: As of April 30, 2020, Telehealth has been approved as a covered service by Medicare.
Q: Can I start with telehealth if I am not a current patient?
A: Yes, an initial evaluation can be performed via telehealth for commercial insurances AND Medicare. With telehealth we are effectively able to bring on new patients while keeping you safe in your home.
Q: How long do telehealth visits last?
A: A telehealth visit will be the same length as a normal appointment in the clinic.
Q: Can I pay cash for telehealth?
A: Yes you can! Our normal cash pay rates for in clinic setting would apply for telehealth visits as well.
Q: What type of devices can I use for my virtual visit?
A: You can use your laptop (preferred method) or desktop computer, provided you have a microphone, camera and internet capabilities. You can also use iOS and Android devices (phones or tablets).
Q: How do I get started?
A: Call our office at any time and request a telehealth appointment with any of our therapists!
|108th & Maple||76th & Pacific||121st & I St. (Inside UBA)|
|(402) 939-7939||(402) 763-8774||(402) 939-7939|